Pitch for project 5: script to screen initial role

The first choice

Name: Ania Olesinska

Prefered Role: Scriptwriting


I want to do this role, because I have always been interested in writing. I always wrote stories by myself or with friends, carefully planning the storyline and the characters. In my primary school and high school I was one of the best students in writing stories. I have always been absolutely addicted to reading books. I love creating worlds and characters existing in them. Deciding on their lives,decisions and obstacles was always fascinating and helped me with dealing with the real world.

I want to produce an amazing story, while cooperating with my team. I really enjoyed writing with my friends, where the roles were divided between us and we had to work with what the other person said as the character that I created. I believe it makes me ready to give away my work and work with something that has been given to me. I know that it will create a very interesting storyline that our target audience will enjoy.

More than anything I want to work with Lilie Ferrari who inspired me so much to think about writing stories in more depth and more professionally. I want to learn from her everything that I possibly can. The knowledge she has and things that she can tell me are things that I want to learn about with passion and commitment.

I am a hard worker who puts this work in 1st place. I am very good at time management and working with others. I am full of fresh and creative ideas that I am willing to share with others. I already produced VT where I introduced two different characters in three different stories.

In the future I want to continue writing stories and poetry. I want to write books and articles. I know that this role will allow me to learn skills that otherwise I will be never able to gain only through personal research. Working with Lilie Ferrari will help me with understanding how to tell stories better.



The second choice


Name: Ania Olesinska

Prefered Role: Crowdfunding/Marketing


I believe that as a team member I will be much more effective in the scriptwriting team due to my skills, passion for writing and career, therefore if I was to be chosen to be in the crowdfunding team I would work as hard.

I am good at organisation and time management. I worked in copywriting team, which taught me how to play with language in a way that it will engage and inspire others to believe in what has been said. I studied English Language in 6th Form, which makes me aware of different things in the English Language that others may not know and which can be used for our benefit.

The plan that I made for our crowdfunding page was:
Pledges:

£5 - video saying “thank you” from Cactus Media

£10 - digital copy of the film

£20 - digital copy of the film and the poster

£30 - hard copy of the film and the signed poster (cactus crew)

£50 - hard copy of the film, the signed poster and the credit

£100 - hard copy with B-roll (bloopers), production stills

£200 - credit as exec producer, character named after you, hard copy and B-roll, handwritten letter saying “thank you” from Cactus Media, production stills

£250 - hard copy, B-roll, become part of the crew for a day, signed poster

£500 - appear in an episode as an extra, hard copy, B-roll, signed poster, £20 goes to a charity.

We can:  

  •     Advertise launch on social media (on cactus media and encourage people to share it)
  •     Posters around the college and city centre that advertise the crowd funding page
  •     Leaflets given in the city centre and the college



Pitch(£3000)

  •     Students (further careers) camera equipment, actors, studios, research, crew, fees Young, aspiring, filmmakers.


The website also contains:

  •     The description of the project
  •     The description of why we want to do it
  •     The description of the team
  •     The exact reason why we need the money for
  •     The reason why we should be chosen to be helped
  •     The brief description of the benefits gotten by helping us “Thank you”



We could also:

  •     Show exactly how the money is spent and what amount of money is used for what
  •     Give the updates on what we are doing (create the synthetic personalisation with the target
  •     audience)
  •     Remedies of the achievements and “thank you’s”.
  •     Being in this team will help me with understanding how to promote my own work in the future.

Comments