9th of March 2018

The first day of shooting started on 8am. Everyone showed up along side with Eye film. The first thing I had to do was filling the coffee and tea thermoses with hot water, so the actors could drink it. When that was done, I added a couple spoons of  coffee to one of them.

When that was done, I emptied the books of cookies that were meant to be used as props and placed them on a plate.

We wanted the room to look more comfortable and warm. We decided to have some flowers there, but unfortunately we only had one flower in the room. I thought that I should look for at least one more around the college. First of all, I went to the college's garden, but they were getting ready for a sale, and I was unable to take anything from them. I went to the main office, knowing that someone should be there and I was right. I was given a nice plant, which I have taken to the room and placed it with a clock on top of a cupboard.

I came back to the crew room and helped my friend with getting the costumes ready. When the actors showed up, I went to Harvey's and Melinda's  actors and gave them the vape and the lip-balm to wear on them at all times. We decided that it is the best thing to do, to not loose the props and be able to use them for example when Harvey rushes out, getting the vape out of his pocket.

I have taken some backstage photos of everyone getting to know the location and each other. Later I helped my friend with giving the costumes to the actors and asking them to get their makeup done.

Later I spend majority of my time in the location, where we were shooting the scenes taking photos of everyone and everything.

The last couple of scenes were filmed outside, however at some point it got too dark for me to be able to take good photographs. I decided to go back inside and save the photographs on my hard drive as well as sort them out by putting them into different folders, such as "yes", "no" or "film".

That day everyone was a bit stressed. Actors tried to get to know us and we tried to get to know them. We were all worried that we will not finish the production on time and because it was the first day for everyone and especially for us, who did not know how such production looks like, it all was very scary and new.

Surprisingly I was not stressed. From the start of the per-production to that point I was calm and ready to get on with my work. On the set I spend the day working out when I should take the photos and when I should not. I was learning how to move around to stay almost invisible and not to destruct actors and the crew.

It was an interesting experience to watch the camera man changing the position of the camera and actors being in their roles. I felt comfortable doing my work and I feel like I did not disturb the anyone on the set.

I also think that the set looked like we planned it to look like. Also the costumes worked very well. The research, planning and experimentation on clothing for each character was a good idea. It allowed me and my friend to communicate with the actors and ask them to bring their own clothes. It end up very well. We could tell which character we were looking at.

I really enjoyed the experience of being on a set. I learned that sometimes there is nothing to do and sometimes I have to do everything at once. I also learned that everyone on the set plays a key role and without at least one person it could possibly go all wrong.

Comments