10th of March
That day I had to make sure that all of the props are where they should be; I checked everything before shooting.
On the 10th of March we did not have our makeup artist with us. I was the only one in the room, when one of the actresses came into the room and asked me if I can do her makeup. I was absolutely terrified. I never use the products that she told me to use on her face such as foundation or beauty blender. I did tell her that it will be my first time to use such things, but she was understanding and she helped me a lot. I could possibly feel like it was unprofessional; telling her that I have no idea what to do, but it was something that was going to end up on her face, something I have never used before. I figured that it would be fair to tell her that, instead of being quiet and messing up her face.
In the end I did a good job. She still looked like a human, and she was happy with what I did.
It did not necessarily helped me with believing that my makeup skills have improved, yet it told me that maybe sometimes I need to me less formal, so the communication with the client or actors can be more comfortable for both sides.
For the rest of the day I was running around with the powder to make sure that our actors do not shine on the camera.
Moreover I have spend the whole day on the set taking stills and sometimes going back to the crew room to upload them onto my hard drive, just in case I would loose the footage.
On that day I knew how everyone is working a little bit better. Choosing the right moments to take some photographs and the place in which I should be standing and taking photos from, become much more easier. I felt more confident with what I was doing and how I was doing it.
That day was a day where I focused almost entirely on taking photographs and experimenting with them.
On the 10th of March we did not have our makeup artist with us. I was the only one in the room, when one of the actresses came into the room and asked me if I can do her makeup. I was absolutely terrified. I never use the products that she told me to use on her face such as foundation or beauty blender. I did tell her that it will be my first time to use such things, but she was understanding and she helped me a lot. I could possibly feel like it was unprofessional; telling her that I have no idea what to do, but it was something that was going to end up on her face, something I have never used before. I figured that it would be fair to tell her that, instead of being quiet and messing up her face.
In the end I did a good job. She still looked like a human, and she was happy with what I did.
It did not necessarily helped me with believing that my makeup skills have improved, yet it told me that maybe sometimes I need to me less formal, so the communication with the client or actors can be more comfortable for both sides.
For the rest of the day I was running around with the powder to make sure that our actors do not shine on the camera.
Moreover I have spend the whole day on the set taking stills and sometimes going back to the crew room to upload them onto my hard drive, just in case I would loose the footage.
On that day I knew how everyone is working a little bit better. Choosing the right moments to take some photographs and the place in which I should be standing and taking photos from, become much more easier. I felt more confident with what I was doing and how I was doing it.
That day was a day where I focused almost entirely on taking photographs and experimenting with them.
Comments
Post a Comment