The pitch for project 5: Script to Screen crew role
First Choice - Preferred Role Art Director
I really would like to take this role, because as a photographer I would like to learn more about dressing up the set, choosing the right props and costumes.
In the past, I have taken many photos that were divided into themes/project; such as phobias or witchcraft. When taking them I had to decide on the costume, makeup and props that were going to be used for the shoot. I have also produced a music video, where the focus was drawn onto the mise en scene. The detail I have put into this project from the music video, through producing poster, digipack and website, gave me the highest grade in my class.
As an artist, I am mostly producing mix media pieces. I understand the importance of every detail which put together with other elements will create a whole outcome. Therefore, I know how to manipulate different media and pieces to create a certain meaning and context.
I have also produced a short film opening. I had to decide on the mise en scene for it in a way that it would introduce the story to the target audience, without giving them too much information, yet enough to encourage them to want to watch more and learn about the story. I have use some of the props as a translation of meaning, which I have also done with my photographs. For example, I have used a glass falling on the floor and breaking, meaning that something bad will happen.
I believe that I am the right person to be chosen for this role. As a script writing team member, I know the storyline and the characters very well. I have also a great understanding of the world that has been created for the story. I will be the person to know how the surroundings should look like, what props to use and what costume will work best.
Moreover, I am a very hardworking person with a great time management skills. I can also work as a team leader or someone who can be directed by others. I believe that my communication skills will allow me to communicate with my colleagues and the actors what will allow me to create better world for the drama.
Second Choice Director of Photography
I really would like to take this role, because as a photographer I would like to learn more about the lighting, the camera movement and framing, which will give a particular look to the scene. I believe it will teach me how to use the surroundings and the equipment to construct the right meaning, tone and context.
In the past, I have worked with different cameras and the light equipment, which gives me the technical knowledge. I have taken many photos in natural and artificial light. I have also drawn and painted many pieces, where I had to have the full understanding of the lighting to create a natural look. Mainly in photography and when filming the music video, I have worked in dark rooms, using the artificial light. Therefore, I understand how important it is to use the light wisely.
When taking photos, I have learned that taking one good shot over 100 other shoots from which I’d choose the right one, is not the way to go. I can capture the right moment in the right framing.
I work very well under the pressure. I can make quick and smart decisions in stressful situations. I will adapt that to the filming process. I am also not afraid to share my opinions. If there is a shot that I do not like or think that it will not work well with the other shots I will communicate with the director while still respecting their vision. As an artist and quite perfectionist I have also produced work with a huge highlight on details. I am also a person who observes, which I believe will work very well on the set.
As a photographer, I have edited majority of the photos that I have taken. I know how to manipulate the image, its colour and tone to create a particular context. My skills allow me to change the mood of an image completely or emphasise what is being shown on the original image.
As a member of the script writing team I have the full understanding of the world and characters that have been created. I know who they are, what they are like and why they are there. I can create the world that we imagined and make it real for our target audience.
Comments
Post a Comment